Saturday, March 13, 2010

Storyboards

Just a quick post out of pure boredome. Today it has rained and rained and rained. I worked early in the morning, got sent home early cos it was so quiet, and am now sitting at my laptop staring at the window getting lashed with sheets of pelting rain...IT'S STILL RAINING... and while I was day dreaming, I began mentally reliving our first day in the class when Frank asked what made us want to do this course/get into this industry. I said it was watching the storyboards to the Dreamworks animation 'Spirit, Stallion of the Cimerron". Sitting here now, I realised it's been ages since I watched them through (like I did every second when I was younger)and I felt in the need of a little jolt of animationary/storyboarding inspiration :)

2 comments:

  1. I started watching the film on Saturday when I was having a break from animating. I'm pretty sure that James Baxter (2D awesomeness in "Kung Fu Panda" - I think he won an Annie Award?) animated on it. I'll have to reaserch that thought. I didn't get very far into the story, up to the point where he meets the cowboys, when I had to get back to animating. With teaching there is only limited time that I have to do my own animation. Now I've seen this post, I have to get back to the movie. I love being an animator. This is my job, Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete